Sunday 18 May 2014

Back Off the Wagon

Last time I posted about running, I'd just finished the 5K training program from Zombies, Run! and was feeling pretty good about the whole thing.  That was back in February, and you may have noticed that I haven't said anything about running since.

That would be because I've barely been running since.  As much as I planned to keep going, circumstances conspired to knock me back out of the habit.  Most notably, the day after I completed the 5K training I came down with a nasty bout of flu that left me bedridden for several days and woozy for rather longer.  That alone was enough to destroy the momentum and make me reluctant to go back out while the weather was still so cold.

Once the habit's gone, it's hard to get back to it.  I managed one or two runs in the intervening months, but it's only in this past week that I've managed to get going properly again (and I do hope writing about it isn't going to throw me off course again).  The trigger, in the end, was upgrading my phone and finally being able to run the full version of Zombies, Run!  The thought of repeating training missions over and over just wasn't appealing, but now I finally have new plots to listen to.  Sure, I'm not exactly running the whole thing at the moment but I'm using what I've learned from the training and I figure I'll improve the more I do it.  Plus now I get to collect supplies and build up my base and that sort of thing is just cool.

It'll be a while before I turn on the zombie chases though...

No comments:

Post a Comment